About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Monday 7 November 2011

Just to let you know...

That I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or become trapped in a parallel universe a lá Doomsday. I'm participating in the self-afflicted torture known as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). In case you're not familiar with it, the general idea is to write a 50,000+ words novel in 30 days. This means that you need to be writing about 1667 words per day if you want to finish my November 30. I'm currently lagging 4500 words behind with only 5564 words. Still, it's only 6 days since it started and I haven't had the time to write on two of those days so I'm not doing too badly. I suppose...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Because my novel actually has something to do with classic film, I thought I'd give share with you a (very) vague synopsis. No, really, it is the vaguest synopsis you will ever read. HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS, PEOPLE.
Eve Lynne, an actress who came to fame during the heyday of Hollywood's studio system, looks back on her life after the filming of her final picture has finished. From her beginnings as the daughter of an upper middle class English couple to her international stardom, it's hard to believe how far she's come. 
I know, right? It just screams best seller. No, but in all seriousness, I'm pretty much winging it. And my quest to be as historically accurate as possible (how does one find out who supervised the casting process in Gold Diggers of 1933? Craziness.) is driving me insane. I am, however, determined to finish the novel - although it's doubtful that it will ever see the light of day again and November 30.

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to let you all know that there may be a significant lack of posts throughout November. I do have several ideas for posts though, so perhaps I'll find some time to write them.  Who am I kidding, I probably won't survive NaNoWriMo. If you don't hear from me again, it's been lovely folks! And now, I'll leave you with a song that I've been playing on repeat since I watched Walk the Line the other week. Enjoy!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...