About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Friday 19 August 2011

Posh Frock Friday


skirt: New Look
vest: New Look
cardigan: New Look
belt: no idea
tights: no idea
shoes: New Look

Ever since Kate Gabrielle of Scathingly Brilliant fame started doing the Posh Frock Friday series on her blog back in 2010, I've wanted to participate because I think the idea of dressing up in your finest frills and furbelows each Friday is wonderful! But, being the type of girl who is to be found 99.9% of the time wearing old skinny jeans (you know the type: full of holes, faded at the knees, but oh-so comfortable!), a t-shirt with a slogan on it, and hair pulled back in a ponytail, I never got around to taking the photos. 3 weeks ago, however, I impulsively decided to get my hair, which was over half way down my back, cut. I had what seemed like a foot of hair lopped off and, the next day, my Mum kindly dyed it for me (I don't trust myself enough to do it myself ;D). It was the first time I've ever dyed my hair, and, although it's only a shade or two darker than my natural colour, I really love it! For a couple of days after The Great Haircut of 2011, I was at a loss of how to style my hair but eventually I thought "Hmm, why don't I get my rollers out? I haven't been able to use them for years due to my long hair, but now... !!". I popped them in in a fairly basic setting pattern, and a few hours late took them out and became rather giddy with excitement at the result! I haven't looked back since. It takes me ten minutes to set my hair, then I pop on a hair net and a few hours later I'm all good to go! I'm going to try experimenting with legit vintage hairstyles like I used to a few years ago soon, but I'm really loving this style for the time being. 

5 comments:

  1. I love your hairstyle too, Sophie. This will definitely date me, but when I was a pre-teen in the early 60's, the big thing for hair was to have it poofed up. We used to rat our hair by using a comb and just pulling the hell out of it until you had this mess that you then smoothed over and sprayed with hairspray until you had a helmet.

    Part of getting this look was to wash your hair at night and roll it up for the night in big rollers. I used to use the extra large orange juice cans as rollers! Those things were huge! To this day, I don't know how I ever got a night's sleep.

    Lookin sharp, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    I love the hairstyles of the 60s, but I don't think I have the courage to wear them out and about; they were really something! Oh gosh, how DID you sleep with them in?! I tried sleeping in my rollers (which really aren't that big compared to juice cans!) one night last week and I had the worst nights sleep! Thanks for sharing - perhaps when my hair grows longer I might pluck up the courage to try a big, poofy 60s hairstyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat, nice blog. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so vintage and lovely!

    I used to have above-the-shoulders hair for years from elementary through high school, but then grew it over the past five years down past my waist. One of these days though, I'd love to get it shorter again to try out classic hairstyles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so perfectly adorable and I want your ENTIRE OUTFIT! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...