About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Thursday 15 July 2010

Let's PARTY!

I'm hoping that I'm not the only person who gets far too excited for film star's birthdays!! Well, I only get excited for classic film star's birthdays - except David Tennant's, with whom I share my birthday...so, that doesn't really count!

Anyway, as I'm sure most of you know, tomorrow is the AMAZING Barbara Stanwyck's birthday! She would have been 103, can you believe it!?


I'll be making a special birthday post for her, and I'll also be watching a couple of her films! I have a feeling that my Babswyck ( ;D ) box set will be delivered tomorrow as it was despatched on Monday (over two weeks since I ordered it!!), so, how amazing is that!?

Today, my "rare" films came, and, as I told you yesterday, two of them are Babs' films. So, tomorrow I hope to watch...



...and I may slip in a Ginger film, because it's only fair that I remember her on her birthday too!


Later on this month it's Clara Bow's 105th birthday, so I'm excited for that as well! :) Haha, I honestly don't know why it makes me so happy to celebrate their birthdays, but never mind...

Please tell me it's not just me...

4 comments:

  1. Barbara was wonderful(have a sneaky likeing also for D.T)Dr who will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she was, she was! :) Ahaha, who doesn't like David!? I did miss him at first, and he'll always be my Doctor, but I think Matt Smith is doing an amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by...Your comments are never too long.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! you will have to tell david that when we abduct him. haha. Adore both these ladies, and so jealous of your copy of no man of her own! that's one that has alluded me thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...