About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Monday 26 July 2010

Happy Birthday, Vivian!

Happy 101st birthday, Vivian Vance!


Vivian, an actress of stage and screen, is most remembered for her fabulous portrayal of Ethel Mertz, Lucy Ricardo's best friend and landlady in the wonderful t.v. show I Love Lucy. I can't say how much I love Vivian...she has me rolling on the floor with laughter just by some of the looks she gives Fred (and Lucy, sometimes!). I think often people forget about her and William (Frawley), immediately thinking of Lucille and Desi when talking about the show, however, without the Mertz, I Love Lucy wouldn't be half as funny! :)


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Vivian is sooooo funny as Ethel. She and Lucille always cheer me up :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...