About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Photos For (hopefully!!) Autographs!

EEP! I am sooooooooo excited!! Really, really, really!!!! I just bought 12 photos in a BOGOF offer on Movie Market, and I'm so hyped! I decided to treat myself, because I just got some money and, also, I've been wanting to buy some photos to send for autographs for a loooong time. So, I finally bought them! YAY! Anyone who isn't so insane as I am would probably say that I went a bit OTT, which is why I'm not saying how much I spent (also, I don't like talking about money...it makes me uncomfortable...). I will say how much I saved with the offer though. I saved, wait for it....wait for it...*drum roll*...nearly £25!! The postage was also incredibly cheap, and they have so many gorgeous photos, posters etc. etc. that I could have spent all day browsing! I advise you to get over there straight away! (:

(Only the 10x8" photos are BOGOF, but it is really good value in my opinion. Oh, and it's for a limited time only, so just go on and check it out and see if there's anything that catches your fancy! (;)

I'll show you the photos I bought, in the order that I hope to send them! I had to switch and swap some photos several times after reading that Maureen O'Hara only signs one photo (so, if you're intending writing to her, don't include more than one photo!), after finding out that no one has had a "success" with Zsa Zsa Gabor for a long time (she is in her 90s though...it's understandable that she wouldn't want to be hassled with fan mail), and after also discovering that no one seems to have received anything back from Deanna Durbin for a while. I probably will write to Deanna and Zsa Zsa sometime, but for the moment I've decided to get the letters off to the others. Eventually, I whittled down my overflowing 'basket', and chose my final photos. For the actresses I wanted to send more than one photo too, I wanted at least one photo with a good view of her face, because autographs on photos like that seem more personal! (Well, to me anyway...)

(First, the 12 10x8" photos)

Olivia de Havilland



Maureen O'Hara


(Movie Matters don't have many photos of Maureen *sob* but there was such a gorgeous photo of her, however it wasn't a particularly appropriate for an autograph, so, as I can only send her one, I decided on this - which is still stunning.)

Eleanor Parker



(I'm not sure why I chose the last one...it just really stood out to me, and I would love to have it autographed! Oh, and it's a still from the 1966 film The Oscar if you're wondering...)

Lauren Bacall



(Gah! There were so many fabulous photos of Lauren that I spent aaages picking them. The first one I adore...like, really adore. And the last photo is just stunning. Wasn't she just glorious?)

Debbie Reynolds



(As with Lauren, there were lots of lovely photos of Debbie to choose from. I'm not sure if I'll send the first one, but I really love it! She looks so happy, and it makes me feel happy! ♥ The second is one of my all time favourite photos of Debbie, so to have it autographed would be a.m.a.z.i.n.g.!)

Gina Lollabrigida


(I really adore this photo of Gina! There were several others I really wanted to get, but they were either really dark or too cluttered so, I went for this one!)

Celeste Holm


(I didn't really have much choice in the matter of a photo of Celeste as this was the only photo they had of her. It's not my favourite, but it's not the worst they could have had, so I'm happy!)

Joan Fontaine


(Joan, Joan, Joan. How happy I would be to get a 'Sister Set' of autographs! There were only two photos I liked of Joan on the website, and the other was a bit to 'facey', so I picked this!)

(Next, the 4 6x4" photos I just couldn't resist...)

Olivia de Havilland


(I just love this one...)

Lauren Bacall


(I wanted a photo of her that was a bit closer to her face, and I just fell in love with this ♥ )

Debbie Reynolds


(Ok, this one is just so adorable. The moment I saw it I wanted to buy it, but I'd already decided on the other two photos, so I was like "Musn't buy...musn't buy...". But Debbie made me. It's all her fault, honestly ('; )

Gina Lollabrigida



(This isn't my favourite photo of Gina, but as I said before, a lot of the other photos weren't appropriate for [hopefully] autographs. However, I do still love this photo. Let's face it, Gina always looks beautiful! )

I'm not sure which I will send, and which I won't. I might send some of them two, and others just the one. I don't know. But whatever I do, I will keep you all updated with the writing and sending of the letters to the above lovely ladies, and of course I will [excitedly] inform you if I receive any of the photos back signed!!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, and it's not been too hyper and overwhelmingly mad! I'm feeling a lot better than I have for a couple of weeks, so that's another reason I'm excited too! Although, we are cancelling out holiday in France that was set to be a week yesterday, but hopefully the gîte owners will be dears and let us push it back to the middle of August! I really hope they do as I've been looking forward to the holiday since we booked in January! In hindsight, it was silly of us to book then because of my ridiculous health, but we learnt the hard way! Ah well. If we do go, it will be lovely! All summer dresses, sun hats and sunglasses. And pastries. Lots of them.

Anyway, that's enough of a ramble from me! Congrats if you got to the end! (;

A presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...